Please remember about your safety and your relatives, avoid fraudulent transactions beware of scams; never send money via Western Union, Personal Checks or Wire Transfers. Never give your personal information such as: bank information, social security, your full name and/or address.
Here are some Safety Tips:
- WHEN YOU DO BUSINESS WITH SOMEONE IN YOUR AREA IT IS MORE SAFE BECAUSE YOU CAN MEET THEM IN PERSON - you can avoid most of scam attempts.
- Be cautious when you apply for a position such as “work from home” or the one that does not require experience and all you need to do are to resend checks to another country. You may end up owing money to the bank. The same rule applies to a shopper which will have to send the items bought to another country while your “boss” is on the business trip.
- Auctioning Gift Cards are not always having money on it.
- Don’t fall a victim to an individual who claims to be broke or sick, you don’t know the person so be careful, same rule for an unknown company or organization.
- If you need to meet in person make sure you meet them in the public place or better bring someone with you.
- If you are selling something that is in your apartment/house be sure to have someone with you at all time, not heavy and expensive items better be shown in public place rather than your home/apartment. Be careful and make sure no one is following you home.
Useful links where you can send complaint about scam or fraud: